Keeping yourself motivated is a process, you must work on it daily. An easy way to remind yourself of inspiration is to find your favorite quotes and put them in a place you can read daily. For example a poster on your wall, post it notes on your mirror,the background on your computer or phone, and even your Facebook status!
Why is it important to do this? The answer is very simple, in our brains we have neurons, which are electric and chemical pathways that make our brain communicate with actions. Now lets break this idea down, they are pathways that communicate with our actions, doesn’t it make sense that if we want to make a change in our life we have to make a pathway for it? For example if we want to learn to play piano we practice many times so that we become better and faster at it. This physically is our neurons making more efficient pathways, that’s how we master a task; and the same goes for a state of mind. When we think that we cannot do something our neuro-pathways get used to thinking that, just as playing piano gets our minds used to which key to press. So if you condition yourself for failure, it is literally easier for you to fail, but the same can be done to create success. And that’s why we must facilitate success and motivation daily by writing, reading, speaking, understanding and critically thinking. By doing something that simple every day you will be surprised how easily you can change your mind frame and how quickly you can achive your goals.
Here are 20 motivation quotes and sayings to get your neurons started in the right direction:
- “Almost everything comes from nothing.” – Henri F. Amiel
- “What is possible has nothing to do with mind. Only what is impossible is defined by the mind.” – Anonymous
- “Life always offers you a second chance. It’s called…tomorrow.” – Anonymous“You see things and you say “why?”; but I dream things that never were and I say “why not.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “People need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they want.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist.
- “When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.” – Paulo Goelho, The Alchemist
- “Impossible is a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they’re given than explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it’s an opinoin. Impossible is not a declaration, it’s a dare. Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is nothing.” – Anonymous
- ”The best day of your life might be yet to come.” – Anonomous
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “To many people fail not because they aimed to high and missed but because they aimed to low and hit.” – Anonymous
- “If you ask you shall receive. If you don’t receive ask again!” – Anonymous
- ”You may say that I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one, I hope someday you’ll join us and the world will be as one” – John Lennon
- “The best day of your life may be yet to come.” – Anonymous
- “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: ‘I, not the events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I am going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Markx
- “Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.” – Anonymous
- “There’s always a way, if you’re commited.” – Anothony Robbins
- “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”- Christopher Columbus
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”- Henry Ford
- “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.” – Stephen Kaggwa
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Nelson Mandela
By consistently reminding yourself with these quotes you will inspire change in not only your life but others! What are some quotes that you live by? Comment below and share your wisdom!